Error: Globalleaks not start

Hello after setup the system is not responsive on the port 8809,… can anyone help me?

Hi Andrea,

After starting Globaleaks, you can check its status from the command line with:

> systemctl status globaleaks.service

If the service is running it will be available on the port 8082.

You can connect to it from the command line with:

> curl -A 'a' http://localhost:8082

Or you can connect to it from its onion address directly with the Tor browser

> gl-admin readvar onionservice
po47k4agopleagki.onion

Se questo e’ troppo complicato, ti raccomando a prendere supporto professionale.

hi, when system start i run status command:

adminfarnedi@adminfarnedi-virtual-machine:~$ systemctl status globaleaks.service
● globaleaks.service - LSB: Start the GlobaLeaks server.
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/globaleaks; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (exited) since ven 2017-07-07 16:20:04 CEST; 30s ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 1525 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/globaleaks start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

lug 07 16:20:02 adminfarnedi-virtual-machine systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Start the GlobaLeaks server…
lug 07 16:20:03 adminfarnedi-virtual-machine globaleaks[1525]: * Starting GlobaLeaks daemon globaleaks
lug 07 16:20:04 adminfarnedi-virtual-machine globaleaks[1525]: …done.
lug 07 16:20:04 adminfarnedi-virtual-machine systemd[1]: Started LSB: Start the GlobaLeaks server…
adminfarnedi@adminfarnedi-virtual-machine:~$ curl http://localhost:8082
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8082: Connessione rifiutata

connection refused … any ideas?

Sorry, the command for curl was slightly off. Use this instead:

> curl -A 'a' http://localhost:8082

(I’m editing the original comment as well for future readers)

Further, you can see that the system is running, but you need to connect to it with a web browser like the Tor Browser to configure it.

curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8082: Connessione rifiutata

connection refused-.---- how to start the software daemon? … the setup manual is really empty…

Hi Andrea,

it maybe a problem of a broken package being release due to an error with apparmor.

Could you please check if there are apparmor errors preventing the startup with the command “dmesg | grep -i apparmor” and report here the output?

We’re working on a fix, as that’s a major release and there’s some bugs

Hi @Andrea
we are now investigating your issue in detail.

in addition to what @fpietrosanti asked in relation to Apparmor debugging could you please verify if the user globaleaks is part of the ‘debian-tor’ group?

You could recheck this in the file /etc/group.
You should see a line similar to the following: debian-tor:x:131:globaleaks with eventually a different number in place of 131.

thanks

Hi Andrea,

do you have any update on this issue?

we iterated till today on improving the resiliency of the Tor setup and adding logging for the different kind of failures.

When you want try to update to release 2.70.5 and see if it solve the issue or at least help analyzing the reason failure.

we remain available in case of need.

The patch has been retested with an other adopter and the final issue has been issue with 2.70.6

Tomorrow morning i Will try all suggestion! Cheers from italy

ok… the new verision work ! now i’ll try the platform and i’ll share any problem ! thank you